The purpose of this "blog".

This is the third time that I have tried to create a blog, and this is probably the farthest that I've gotten. I'd like to keep a blog because I'm horrible at documenting all of the fun little things that happen in our lives. I'm quickly realizing just how fast life moves. I feel like my babies are growing way too fast. I hate keeping journals for myself, so I had the thought to keep a journal for each of my kids; writing to them individually, but of course, I "haven't gotten around to it". I want to write to them about the funny things they say or do. I want to write about the fun times with our family or about frustrating moments. Hopefully I can keep up with it and we can look back on these posts, laugh, and remember the good times.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

30 Day Challenge

        It's official~ my baby girl is 1 year old. It's time for me to stop being lazy whip my body into shape. I think I've had long enough to "rest". Before I got pregnant with Kaleigha, I weighed 143 and I was pretty happy with my body. After I had her, my body weight naturally went down to inbetween 136-139. I thought it was pretty cool that I had to do nothing to get there. I really am the worst eater that you could ever meet. If we need something quick to eat, we run out to McDonalds, Carls Jr., or Wendys. I happen to like fast food!! Then there comes my complete ADDICTION to sugar. . . especially CHOCOLATE! I get cranky when I don't have chocolate; and lots of it!! I can literally finish off a bag of kit-kats or a box of donuts in one night and one morning. I know, disgusting, but I love it! BUT~ I've noticed that I don't love how it makes me feel.
        That's where this 30 day challenge comes in.  I've wanted to do this for a little while, but I haven't had any motivation.  I finally decided that I would commit myself to the month of March and exactly 2 days later, my friend Caraline put something out on Facebook that she needed a workout buddy.  When we got to talking, I realized that we had almost the exact same plan.  She was even planning on starting on March 1st.  So here we go!!!
        I am not focusing on a particular diet, but on being conscious on what I am eating and exactly how much. What I am focusing on is a good workout. My husband is naturally athletic. He just went through the Police Academy and absolutely killed the physical part!! I can't even imagine myself doing half of the things that he did.  I am starting out at what might sound small to many people, but it's pretty big to me.  This is day 2 of my 30 days. Right now we run to the end of our street and back and it almost kills me; Josh says it's about .7 Miles, but I'm doing it! Then we come home (with me on the verge of passing out/throwing up), stretch, and do some Jillian Michales No More Trouble Zones workout. WHOOO BABY!!
        I do not want to do this, but I know if I do I will want to push myself harder and get better results. Here are my measurments:

Height- 5'8 1/4"
Weight- 136.5lbs
Neck- 13in
Chest- 34in
Arms- 10in
Ribs- 30in
Waist(love handles)- 35in
Butt- 39in
Upper Thighs- 22in
Calves- 13in

Maybe if I get brave I'll post pictures. . . . . we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment